Now that your fairy is a little older, Fairy Footsteps ballet will introduce ballet techniques that are a little more technical than in the younger program, and allow your child more freedom to express their creativity during class.
The aim of our classes for 3-4 year olds is to enhance their technical skill, introduce more independence, and to follow more choreographed dances.
At this age we introduce our “Show Day” at the end of the term. On Show Day, family and friends are invited to join us for the last class of the term, to give children the opportunity to present what they’ve learnt in class. This is an informal way for them to share the fun and excitement ballet brings without the pressure of rehearsals, costumes, concerts and make up!!
Children Learn How To:
- Understand ballet language & technique
- Listen, follow more complex instructions and take directions from their teacher
- Balance, and use their bodies in more complex ways (such as skipping and hopping)
- Incorporate and work with props
- Imagine characters and scenes
- Freely express themselves through improvisation
- Work within a group and as an individual
- Learn choreography through dances
- Early performance work – great for confidence building
We have classes in a number of locations across Western Australia!
For class times, click on the location you are interested in….
BALDIVIS– held at the Mary Davies Library on Fridays
SECRET HARBOUR– held at the Community Centre, Oasis Drive on Mondays
MANDURAH– held at the Nell Regan Hall, Peel Street on Thursdays
To find out more send us a message via our contact page. We look forward to seeing your little one twirling and tiptoeing in ballet class soon!