Fairy Footsteps ballet is loved by Kindy & Preschool aged children as it introduces little ballerinas to formal ballet technique while encouraging the development of imagination, creativity, confidence, coordination, posture, body control & awareness, and social skills.
Our 4 to 6yr old program aims to introduce a more technique and requires our ballerinas to focus and concentrate to a greater degree during class. It is now that we introduce more group and partner activities, and follow more complex dance routines, while still maintaining the fun, whimsical feel that our program encompasses.
We often receive feedback from dance schools for older children that the students who have been through our program receive noticeably higher marks as a result of the foundations they have built from Fairy Footsteps. Children in this class work on a choreographed dance throughout the whole term to perform at our “Show Day” at the end of term- definitely the highlight!
Our classes help children learn how to:
- Understand basic ballet language and technique
- Listen, follow instructions and take directions from the teacher
- Move with poise, balance and grace
- Incorporate and work with props, encouraging fine and gross motor development
- Imagine characters and scenes, fostering creativity and imagination
- Freely express themselves through improvisation
- Work within a group and as an individual
- Learn choreography through dances
- Early performance work – great for confidence building
We have classes in a number of locations across Western Australia!
For class times, click on the location you are interested in….
BALDIVIS– held at the Mary Davies Library on Fridays
SECRET HARBOUR– held at the Community Centre, Oasis Drive on Mondays
MANDURAH– held at the Nell Regan Hall, Peel Street on Thursdays
To find out more send us a message via our contact page. We look forward to seeing your little one twirling and tiptoeing in ballet class soon!